Frequently Asked Questions

FAQ Home » Before You Go
What type of travel insurance do you recommend?

All clients are required to purchase a comprehensive travel insurance plan before departure. This should cover you for events such as trip cancellation, delay or interruption, lost or delayed baggage, emergency accident, sickness and evacuation, 24 hour medical assistance, traveller's assistance, and emergency cash transfer.

In southern Africa, our ground handlers have taken out additional top-up liability cover. This is to help cover both themselves and ourselves in the event of a liability claim. This is in addition to the normal insurance cover, which is already in place for each vehicle. This cover is valid for all A2A Safaris' guests. As long as A2A Safaris books the service, the coverage is there.

In East Africa, all our clients are automatically registered with AMREF (African Medical & Research Foundation). This organisation operates the excellent Flying Doctors air ambulance service, and will evacuate anyone from remote areas in the unlikely event of any medical emergency. However, this will only cover you for evacuation by air to the nearest medical facility and initial emergency treatment. Travel insurance will be necessary to cover the cost of extended medical treatment and repatriation.

Please contact us for advice on travel insurance.