Our Conservation Ethos
Conservation is at the very heart of our safaris and it is one of the reasons A2A was established and why we continue to exist.
We focus our efforts on three key areas:
- Conservation Through Travel – all of our safaris and journeys involve travel to and around conservation and biodiversity hotspots in Africa, Latin America and Antarctica.
- Speaker Series around Asia – a program we launched way back in 2002, we bring out and host speakers several times a year - conservationists, influencers and leaders in various conservation fields in the continents we cover to help create awareness and highlight the plight of the wildlife and wilderness areas we cover.
- Community Empowerment and Upliftment – we believe Africa belongs firstly to its people, especially its youth and we try to gear our community projects to young Africans.
Our mission is to make a difference to Africa's dwindling wilderness areas, its people and its wildlife.
Let Us Know If You Want to Help Make a Difference
- Singita Sabi Sand Anti-Poaching Canine Unit
Rhino poaching has become one of the most pressing conservation issues of the century, and in 2012 Singita took the bold step of employing a highly-skilled team of dog-handlers to ramp up anti-poaching patrols on Singita's 45,000 acre concession within the Reserve.
- African Parks
African Parks is a non-profit conservation organization that takes on direct responsibility for the rehabilitation and long-term management of protected areas - in partnership with governments and local communities - in 15 national parks covering over 10 million hectares in Africa's more challenging wilderness areas.
- Giraffe Conservation Foundation
The Giraffe Conservation Foundation (GCF) is the only NGO in the world that concentrates solely on the conservation and management of giraffe in the wild throughout Africa.
- Desert Lion Conservation
The Desert Lion Project is dedicated to the conservation of desert-adapted lions in the northern Namib Desert. The project addresses the conflict between lions and other predators with communities and livestock.
- Uthando Cape Town
Uthando (meaning love in Xhosa) is a unique non-profit and Fair Trade in Tourism accredited organization which aims to raise funds for life changing community development projects in South Africa.
- Children in the Wilderness Rwanda
Following the opening of Wilderness Safaris’ innovative Bisate Lodge, we have worked with Children in the Wilderness (CITW) in supporting the community surrounding Bisate Lodge through a solar light project.